During a road trip, there is no place you spend more time than in your car. I especially experienced it this summer during my road trip through Europe. As my boyfriend has the tendency to fall asleep while I’m driving, it was about time to learn how to pose entertaining questions!
In this post, I’d like to share with you some of the most fun, deep and absolutely random questions you can ask your travel companions on the road! These are meant to start the conversation, keep it going and strengthen the bond between you and your fellow travelers!
Let the time fly by with these questions below!
Questions to ask on a road trip
1. What are your favourite road trip destinations?
2. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
3. What superpower would you like to have?
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
5. If you could do anything you like all day, what would that be?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. What is your all-time favourite book or movie?
8. How would your dream house look like?
9. What would you do if you had just won the lottery?
10. Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
11. What makes you happy?
12. What did you want to be as a kid?
13. Which animal would you like to be?
14. Which person in this world do you love most?
15. What is your favourite childhood memory?
16. What is your favourite way to relax?
17. What achievement are you most proud of?
18. If every object in your life could only have 1 colour, what colour would it be?
19. What is your biggest fear?
20. What is the dish you know how to cook best?
21. What is your weirdest fear?
22. What is the longest time you’ve been without a shower or bath?
23. If you could choose 1 thing you cannot live without, what would it be?
24. What is the farthest place you’ve ever traveled to?
25. What is your morning routine?
26. If your house would be on fire and you could only take 1 object with you, what would you take?
27. What is your secret addiction?
28. What one thing do you love most about yourself?
29. What are your top 3 bucket list items?
30. Have you ever done anything illegal?
31. If you could change the past, would you do something differently?
32. If you would be granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
33. What is your biggest pet peeve?
34. What is a skill you’ve always wanted to learn?
35. What is your best pick-up line?
36. Who was your first crush?
37. Is there a person you’re jealous of?
38. Do you believe in luck or in hard work?
39. Is your glass half full or half empty?
40. Where in the world are you happiest?
41. What is your most embarrassing memory?
42. What was your favourite class in high school?
43. How do you want your life to look like in 10 years?
44. If you would ever go to jail, what would likely be the cause?
45. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
46. What is your worst travel experience?
47. If you could change lives with someone else, who would you choose?
48. Who would you want to be stuck with on an island?
49. What are your personal goals for this year?
50. What is the longest period that you have been away from home?
51. Would you stand in a box full of spiders if they gave you $10.000 for it?
52. What is the most inspiring book you’ve read so far?
53. What is your favourite moment of the week?
54. What was the first purchase you ever made with your own money?
55. Which movies make you cry?
56. Who do you call first when you’re in trouble?
57. Do you believe in a kind of god?
58. What was your most recent good deed?
59. Where is home for you?
60. What is your real-life superpower?
61. What were you doing at this exact moment 1 year ago?
62. What is your most useless talent?
63. If you had the chance to take a look into the future, would you do it?
64. What would you do if you had only one week left to live?
65. If your life was a book, what would be the title?
66. What is the worst travel advice you’ve ever heard?
67. Are you a cat or a dog person?
68. What is your best joke?
69. How often do you visit your family?
70. What is the most important animal in your life?
Road trip questions for couples
1. Say 3 things you love about each other.
2. What goal do you want to achieve together in the next 6 months?
3. How does your favourite date night look like?
4. What was your first impression of each other?
5. Which celebrity would be okay to cheat with?
6. What is the most attractive body part of each other?
7. When did you first want to kiss me?
8. Would you rather be kissing or hugging?
9. What is your definition of cheating?
10. How would you describe each other in 3 words?
11. What are you proud of in your partner?
12. What is your favourite memory of us?
13. How do you like to express love to another person?
14. How many pets would you like to adopt together?
15. What would be your favourite honeymoon destination?
“Would you rather” road trip questions
1. Would you rather be in a heatwave or a snowstorm?
2. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
3. Would you rather be poor and live a long, healthy life or rich and live a short life?
4. Would you rather be completely like your mom or like your dad?
5. Would you rather climb a mountain or go scuba diving?
6. Would you rather have a life without a phone or a life without internet?
7. Would you rather travel back in time or be invisible?
8. Would you rather watch a horror movie or a romantic comedy?
9. Would you rather be smart and ugly or dumb and pretty?
10. Would you rather have a house cleaner or a personal chef?
11. Would you rather want to be allergic to pizza or sushi?
12. Would you rather sing every word that comes out of your mouth or only be able to whisper?
13. Would you rather never be able to travel or never be able to have a home?
14. Would you rather find true love or win the lottery?
15. Would you rather want to be able to talk to all animals or speak every human language in the world?
Family road trip questions
1. What is something you should be doing more often as a family?
2. What is your most precious family memory?
3. What is a question you’ve always wanted to ask your parents?
4. Is there something that one of your family members has done recently that you admire?
5. Which family tradition do you like the most?
6. What is a funny situation that you experienced with one of your family members?
7. Which excuses did/do you always use to get out of household chores?
8. Which trait of someone in your family would you like to have?
9. What is something new that you’d like to do with the entire family?
10. What would a total stranger find extraordinary about your family?
11. What do you appreciate about your parents?
12. What was your favourite family trip?
Keep on going!
I hope you enjoyed all these questions and that you had some amazing conversations with your road trip buddies! I’m sure that by now you have enough inspiration to keep the conversation going and get to know each other even more!
I’m curious, what’s your favourite road trip question? Let me know in the comments below!